[OpenLayers-Users] Problem with OpenLayers.Layer.MapServer

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Mar 28 10:02:42 EDT 2007

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 03:54:03PM +0200, Markus Spring wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> starting with OpenLayers after many years of experience with 'pure' mapserver,
> I am stuck with the display of my maps through OpenLayers.
>
> http://geocoding.ath.cx/openlayers/mapserver.html
>
> shows the problem: The Untiled layer is displayed properly, but the normal
> (tiled) Mapserver layer is not.
>
> Re-checking the javascript and the docs over and over, I could not find an
> explanation for this behaviour. So any help or pointers would be greatly
> appreciated.

I'm slightly confused. The bug in MapServer behavior was a regression
included in 2.3... but the MapServer Untiled layer is not included in
2.3. It looks like you're using a patched 2.3-RC3?

Update your MapServer Layer to what's in trunk. The MapServer layer has
had a number of cleanups, but most importantly, in trunk it works, and
in 2.3 it didn't :)

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta