[OpenLayers-Users] Formatting popups

joanne cook j.cook at oxfordarch.co.uk
Fri Mar 30 03:58:12 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I have an openlayers map where the overlay is a set of points generated from a wfs feed. I would like to use popups to display results about a point (or points) when I click on one. Currently I have been experimenting with the simple getfeatureinfo request to a separate frame on the page, but the results are unformatted (and display the positions of each point three times, I'm not sure why).

I'm not really sure how to make this work in a nicely formatted way with a popup. I was wondering if I could use something like simplexml to format the results, but I am quite new to this and not really sure this is the correct approach. Is there another way- I have seen a few examples but only live, so I have only been able to look at the parsed php rather than the initial code. I would be very grateful if someone could give me some pointers on how to approach this.

Many thanks

Jo Cook
Joanne Cook BSc MLitt AIFA MBCS
Information Systems Coordinator