[OpenLayers-Users] Error Reporting

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri May 11 07:29:01 EDT 2007

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 08:34:29AM +0100, Tom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your reply.  Currently I'm working with WFS stuff but it's not
> really one specific thing I'm after, just a general need to find out where
> OpenLayers is failing so I can trace that back to my own code to discover
> what I've not setup properly.

With the exception of XMLHttpRequests (which cause exceptions to fail
silently), OpenLayers should complain in the javascript console about
any errors. If you're working with WFS, I'm assuming this is exactly
what your problem is :) The bug report for that is
http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/534 -- fixing it should not be too
difficult, patches welcome.

> I guess I'll just have to wait till 2.5 for
> that.  Any idea what sort of timescale we're talking for that?

Months. September, october? the changes will make it into trunk before
that though.

> Also, I did
> see in this mailing list somewhere that all WFS-T transactions are supported
> under the hood, is that true and how long before they're officially
> supported?

They are officially supported. You just have to write your own UI :)

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta