[OpenLayers-Users] Format.WKT.write method

Simon Cantem simon at citysafe.org
Wed May 16 07:02:28 EDT 2007

I've been playing with the Format.WKT class recently and just have a
query with the write method. I'm using it to convert the vector elements
to WKT so that I can then post the form and easily save it into
PostgreSQL (with PostGIS). I've noticed that unlike the other Format
classes, it expects a either a geometry object or an array of geometry
objects, the other Format classes (eg Format.GML and Format.WFS) expect
a features array. The disadvantage of this is that you can't just pass
it the features property of the vector layer, and quickly convert it to
WKT. I've made a change to my copy of /Format/WKT.js starting at line
67:

if(isCollection) {

if (i>0) {

pieces.push(',');

}

                geometry = collection[i].geometry;

} else {

geometry = collection[i];

}

The check for "isCollection" is so that the WKT example still works.

Is this a valid change or have I missed an easier way of doing this
conversion?

Thanks,

Simon

Simon Cantem

System Administrator / Analyst Programmer

CitySafe - www.citysafe.org <http://www.citysafe.org>