[OpenLayers-Users] IE bug in 2.4 rc3

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sun May 20 17:11:16 EDT 2007

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 01:46:56PM -0700, mfrumin wrote:

> still working on my pictures-from-wfs example.  testing in IE (6), getting a
> bunch of errors in the OpenLayers libs:
> http://transit.frumin.net/trx/debug.html
> (note this includes a local version of OL so that when debugging I can look
> at the readable non-compressed code)
>
> the error is "htmfile: unspecified error" in OpenLayers/Renderer/VML.js line
> 50

Move your map initialization into an onload call, instead of loading it
in a defer='defer' in the body of the page. (Moving it into the head of
the page might work as well.) Line 50 of the VML.js is checking whether
document.namespaces exists (because we can't set up VML unless it does),
and it doesn't exist until the page is fully loaded.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta