[OpenLayers-Users] label truncation

Tim Schaub noreply at geocartic.com
Thu May 24 16:37:23 EDT 2007

>> What has worked for me was using TileCache with MetaTiles with
>> "PARTIALS OFF" in map file for Mapserver ( mention earlier by Chris),
>> using PARTIALS alone I had some discontinuities.
>
> D'oh! I knew that. I'll give that a try and not bother you again. :)

I'm posting this again here - hoping that google helps out others.
MapServer has a metadata keyword named "labelcache_map_edge_buffer".
Pair this with an integer number of pixels, and you get a map rendered
with no labels in that buffer.

The only documentation for this "experimental" feature that I can find
lives here: http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/download/current/HISTORY.TXT

So, if you want a ten pixel label buffer on your tiles, in MapServer you
can use

METADATA
     "labelcache_map_edge_buffer" "10"
END