[OpenLayers-Users] GML features not lining up in FireFox

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Thu May 31 09:40:10 EDT 2007

Slight correction - I meant 2.4

________________________________

From: users-bounces at openlayers.org [mailto:users-bounces at openlayers.org]
On Behalf Of Obe, Regina
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:31 AM
To: Christopher Schmidt
Cc: OpenLayers Users
Subject: Re: [OpenLayers-Users] GML features not lining up in FireFox

Chris,

First wanted to thank you again for your help on this.  Switching to
MassGIS WMS Aerial layers helped quite a bit in allowing to zoom in
closer and also highlighting the position  in firefox correctly.  I'm
using 2.5 by the way.

Now I have a couple other issues which I'm not sure the best way to
tackle.

Here are some links for reference
Gif interface
http://dndmaps.cityofboston.gov/mapserv/dnd/htdocs/remsproperty.htm

PNG interface
http://dndmaps.cityofboston.gov/mapserv/dnd/htdocs/remspropertypng..htm
<http://dndmaps.cityofboston.gov/mapserv/dnd/htdocs/remspropertypng.htm>

This is a slightly different project from before, but I'm using
basically the same tricks.

If you type in
say 18 intervale
click search and then click on radio button

Problem 1
Then click on a brown outlined parcel - in firefox - quite often it
highlights the whole selected parcel black in both the png and gif
interface.  It doesn't do this in IE 7.
Less often but sometimes in firefox when you select an aerial layer for
display - it turns the view port black.  I haven't been able to
replicate this issue with the PNG interface.

Problem 2
The png interface doesn't really work in IE 6.   I know IE 6 doesn't
really understand transparent PNGs and from a quick glance of the Open
Layers code (I forget where) - it looks like there is a hack in place to
compensate for that, but in all my efforts, I've never been able to get
this to work in IE6.
Is the only way to combat this to just check if the version of IE being
run is less than 7 use GIF layers and otherwise use PNG, or is there a
more elegant solution to that.

Thanks,
Regina