[OpenLayers-Users] drag zoom control images

Eric Jarvies eric at CSL.com.mx
Fri Nov 2 22:11:51 EDT 2007

brad,

tested on osx/g5 with safari 2.0.4 and 3.0.3, and firefox 2.0.0.9.
if the mouse is held down, and the slider is moved up or down and/or
more then a couple of seconds(mouse down), the slider tends to move
out of range of the bar, either going above or below it's limits.  at
this point, if mouse down is released, the slider still continues to
move(if the mouse is moving that is), but without being in the mouse
down state.

otherwise, if the user merely/only clicks and releases on the bar to
move the slider to the point where the mouse clicked down(on the
bar), then the problem does not occur.  however, what does occur
sometimes, is when a zoom level on the bar is clicked, the mouse
immediately moves to that position(on the bar), but the slider may
arbitrarily/immediately move a few bar-positions up or down,
whichever way the mouse happened to be moving at that time.

here are screenshot images and a quicktime movie showing the error:

http://CSL.com.mx/openlayers.org/

otherwise, looks great and works fine :)

regards,

Eric Jarvies
eric at CSL.com.mx