[OpenLayers-Users] Extract/read attributes from GML

springrider springrider at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 14 10:17:08 EST 2007

Good morning

I would be interested to extract/read text within some tags
(wfs:FeatureCollection\gml:boundedBy\gml:Box\gml:coordinates) from my GML. I
am now struggling trying to write the correct syntax. I tried something like
that:
 var myGml= new
OpenLayers.Layer.GML("myGML","http://193.43.36.238:8282/geoserver/wfs?request=GetFeature&typename=fifao:Fao_areas&cql_filter=F_AREA=27");
var myExtent=
myGml.read("wfs:FeatureCollection\gml:boundedBy\gml:Box\gml:coordinates")

But it is not correct.Could you please help me? I would then use this text
to define the extent of my map.

More generally, is there any documentation about how to manipulate/use JSON,
WFS data?

Many thanks

Sylvain