[OpenLayers-Users] Changing Filter on a mapserver Layer

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Nov 15 21:04:07 EST 2007

Hi all,

I have a POI overlay layer, based on a mapserver layer.
I would like to create a multiple select dropdown list of the POI
classes, that the user can select. Then on change I would like to change
the mapserver url to include the selected items and refresh the layer.

So for example, the user selects HOTEL, DINING, BANK

then the mapserver URL would need to include

POI=HOTEL,DINING,BANK

I can handle the js for the onChange, but I'm not sure how to change the
mapserver layer object, or how to trigger the layer to be redrawn.

Some help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
   -Steve