[OpenLayers-Users] searching a feature with open layers

Arnd Wippermann arnd.wippermann at web.de
Fri Nov 16 18:29:29 EST 2007

You can apply a filter to the WFS layer.
WFSlayer.mergeNewParams({'filter' : yourFilter });

But this works only, if the filtered feature is visible in the current
extent of the map. If you know the centerpoint of the features, you can set
a new center for the map after applying the filter.

Example:http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/apps/OLExamples/SphericalMercator/wfs_fil
ter.html

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Arnd Wippermann