[OpenLayers-Users] Displaying a latitude & longitude grid

Andy Dale andy.dale at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 08:23:25 EST 2007

Hi,

To provide the user with some feedback as to their current
position/coordinates with the OpenLayers.Control.MousePosition control, and
this works well.

However I now have the need to be able to display a grid of
longitude/latitude lines along with labels, the size of the grid should also
be configurable based upon the current zoom level.
I was wondering if openlayers currently has this ability ? If not what is
the best way to approach this, a shape file of some kind ? or actually let
openlayers do it with a vector layer with multiple line features ?

Any advice/help is greatly appreciated,

Andy