[OpenLayers-Users] Problems with zooming

Tim Schaub tschaub at openplans.org
Tue Nov 20 19:45:27 EST 2007

Hey-

Bradley McLain wrote:
> Currently I have OpenLayers 2.5 set up so that it is importing from
> Google Maps and my own custom Mapserver which is serving raster and
> vector data. They are being imported using the WMS layer function.
>
> This works perfectly for the default zoom level but whenever I zoom in
> the Google Layers and my custom layers are no longer correctly aligned.
> The same also happens for zooming out.

Before trying to overlay your data on Google's tiles (or tiles from
Yahoo, VE, or others), please read and understand this document:

http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/SphericalMercator

Then you'll want to look at the spherical mercator example in the
examples directory:

http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/spherical-mercator.html

If you're still having trouble, you can write back with more detail on
your setup.

Tim