[OpenLayers-Users] Can we by pass TileCache... to the tiles as static... what getURL ?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Nov 26 00:09:36 EST 2007

On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 10:33:33PM -0600, Lance Dyas wrote:
> TileCache saves tiles cool.. if you use tylecache_seed ... you can
> basically build a cache of them cool also
>
> How would I access the cache directly.. .
>
> my brain is wishy washy.. on this In other words what getURL would I
> use for the TMS?

You wouldn't. You'd use:

http://dev.openlayers.org/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Layer/TileCache-js.html

"A read only TileCache layer.  Used to requests tiles cached by
TileCache in a web accessible cache.  This means that you have to
pre-populate your cache before this layer can be used.  It is meant only
to read tiles created by TileCache, and not to make calls to TileCache
for tile creation.  Create a new instance with the
OpenLayers.Layer.TileCache constructor."

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta