[OpenLayers-Users] Google and Markers and Vectors ... oh my!

Peterson Eric-EEP002 Eric.Peterson at motorola.com
Wed Nov 28 09:53:15 EST 2007

I'm trying to use Google as a base map (with sphericalMercator: true).
Overlaid, I want a Marker layer that shows a set of icons, and a Vector
layer that draws a line connecting those icons.

I've got the code working and the base map, markers, and lines appear
basically correctly. However, the Vector doesn't seem to behave
properly. When the map image first renders, the markers all appear in
their proper positions relative to the base map images. However, the
line feature in the vector layer (which is generated using the exact
same position data as the markers) is slightly disconnected from the
markers on the vertical axis. And as I pan the map vertically, the line
skew grows and shrinks ... but the markers remain in a fixed position.

It seems to me that it's behaving as though the markers are being
projected correctly over the base, which is spherical Mercator, but the
line feature is being projected according to EPSG:4326. But that's just
a guess ... I'm not familiar enough with the guts of how that thing
works.

Is there something special I need to do to get Google, the markers, and
vector layer features to all sync up?

-eP