[OpenLayers-Users] Switching to singleTile mode (and back) on the fly

Jon Blower jdb at mail.nerc-essc.ac.uk
Thu Nov 29 07:20:43 EST 2007

Hi all,

Is there a way to switch a WMS layer from gridded to singleTile mode
after it has been created?  I have a WMS that serves several different
types of layers - some work best displayed in gridded mode and some
work better in singleTile mode.  Therefore I'd like to be able to
switch between modes in Javascript.

I've tried naively calling myLayer.singleTile = true but OpenLayers
seems to get confused and puts tiles in the wrong place.

Is this possible?  Perhaps I have to call some initialization routine
after changing the mode?

Thanks, Jon

Dr Jon Blower              Tel: +44 118 378 5213 (direct line)
Technical Director         Tel: +44 118 378 8741 (ESSC)
Reading e-Science Centre   Fax: +44 118 378 6413
ESSC                       Email: jdb at mail.nerc-essc.ac.uk
University of Reading
3 Earley Gate
Reading RG6 6AL, UK