[OpenLayers-Users] Why does my overview map not work?

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Fri Nov 30 15:08:49 EST 2007

Thanks again, Tim.
I added some options from the Map() constructor, and it works. Evidently
it's smart enough to figure the resolution list, given the same options
as Map.

OpenLayers.Control.OverviewMap({mapOptions:{numZoomLevels:numzoomlevels,maxExtent:maxextent,maxResolution:maxresolution}});

I am surprised that the OverviewMap doesn't default to reading from its
containing Map. Or is the intent for the OverviewMap to be as
independent of a Map object as possible, so this omission is intentional?

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA