[OpenLayers-Users] Problem with map server single tile

Simone Gadenz simone.gadenz at jrc.it
Wed Apr 2 10:18:26 EDT 2008

Hello!

I have a problem of positioning with a map server single layer over a
spheric mercator base layer.

The definition of the map server layer is:

// create dma default layer
dmadef = new OpenLayers.Layer.MapServer( "Digital Map Archive Default",

"http://139.191.68.15:8000/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:/MS_MapFiles/dmaclient/
dmadefault.map&mode=map",
      {layers: '0,00,1,2,3',
      reaspect: false,
      transparent: true,
      isBaseLayer: false,
	wrapDateLine: true},
	{singleTile: true,
	ratio: 1,
	opacity: 0.3,
	transitionEffect: 'resize'}
      );

When the application starts (the initial extent is set using the
map.zoomToMaxExtent() method) the single layer is positioned on the right
side of the screen and it goes out of the page for half of its width.

When I zoom in thinghs work perfectly.

If I use a tiled layer every single tiles positions correctly.

In fact I would like to use tiles but in that case I have a lot of problem
with myltiple labels.

Suggestion?

Simone