[OpenLayers-Users] RC1 issue? with themes and styles

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Apr 4 00:07:51 EDT 2008

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 04:07:06PM -0500, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
>> Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
>> OK, as a work around, if I change all occurrences
>>
>> olControlEditingToolbar   to   olControlMyEditingToolbar
>>
>> in my code and override style.css it displays the right thing. But I
>> think some of the override theme stuff is broken 2.6rc1.
>
> I've just checked: This code works exactly the same in 2.5. So
> regardless of how broken it is, it does not appear to be a regression,
> unless you can offer evidence otherwise.
>
> (I downloaded broken.php, pointed the CSS to your files, and then
> changed the OpenLayers file to reference 2.5 via /api/OpenLayers.js.)

Christopher,

Thank you for taking a look at this. I will accept your good judgement
on this and try to dig into this a little more for my own education.

The one thing I noticed while poking at this in FireBug and Inspecting
the DOM, was that the missing icons had the CSS from the 2.6rc1
style.css while all the others had the CSS applied from my override CSS.
So by changing the CSS class to olControlMyEditingToolbar I seem to have
avoided that conflict. I guess I'm not sure how the CSS rules get
applied in this case when you have two stylesheets both with the same
class names.

Thank you again for your effort and assistance.

-Steve