[OpenLayers-Users] switch (on/off) using gutter

BrainDrain paulborodaev at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 09:23:56 EST 2008

Dear community.
How can I switch between modes 'using gutter'/'do not using gutter' for
tiled mapserver layer, while zooming in and out. I need the fastest way.
My case: in some zoom levels I have map details which implies using gutter
to avoid artefacts (in this zoom levels my labels are large, font size
bigger then gutter), but in other zoom levels I need to turn gutter off
(smaller font size for labels produces labels artefacts).
Recalculating tiles allocation grid is slow, so I think that the best way is
creating 2 similar layers for each mode and switching their visibility (+
re-setting base layer(() on demand. Am I right?