[OpenLayers-Users] Novel Application for OL and TMS

Kurt D. Bollacker kurt at longnow.org
Tue Dec 16 14:50:42 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 03:09:20PM -0500, Yves Moisan wrote:

> > Way back in May, I asked for help using OL to read locally available
> > image tiles to build a browser for the digital version of the Rosetta
> > Disk (www.rosettaproject.org).
>
> Impressive indeed but is it me or FF3 or ? but I can't browse in those
> images ?  Are there supposed to be urls in there ?  The images are great
> but I do not understand their use.

Sadly, there is no browsable metadata yet.  My original problem was
the need to browse an image that was 200,000 pixels on a side.  The
image is the data used to etch a long lived (non digital) disk with
the data of a broad language archive.  Check out
www.rosettaproject.org to learn about what we're trying to do.

									Kurt :-)