[OpenLayers-Users] Oracle Spatial and GML

Sparks, Witt Witt_Sparks at nrel.gov
Thu Dec 18 11:31:20 EST 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to select GML from an oracle spatial table and use it to
create an OpenLayers.Feature.Vector object.

Oracle is giving me the following GML (for a point layer):

<gml:Point srsName="SDO:8307" xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml">

<gml:coordinates decimal="." cs="," ts=" ">-94.653001,41.497753
</gml:coordinates>

</gml:Point>

The Oracle docs say that it uses GML v2.

I've tried creating an OpenLayers.Format.GML object. When I call read()
and pass in the XML above, it returns an empty array.

I've also tried: OpenLayers.Format.GML.v2({featureType:"point",
featureNS:"http://www.opengis.net/gml")}) but I'm only guessing at the
values I need for featureType and featureNS. Doing it this way results
in a javascript error in the openlayers library.

Has anyone made this work before?

Thanks!

Witt Sparks

National Renewable Energy Laboratory

Center for Transportation Technologies and Systems

witt_sparks at nrel.gov

303-275-4494