[OpenLayers-Users] Controls and map events

Attila Csipa plists at prometheus.org.yu
Wed Jan 9 07:18:39 EST 2008

Stiff familiarizing myself with OpenLayers, I ran into something I'm not sure
is a design intention or am I simply doing something wrong: Controls do not
have events, and if I have a control that operates on features, my map events
get obstructed. Example - I have a Control.DragFeature on the map, but would
also like that a single non-drag click (map.events.register("click"...))
would result in a popup. The order of control/event addition/registration
apparently did not have any effect on their behaviour - just clicking on
features which were in a layer that was marked as a layer for DragFeature did
nothing but change the cursor from draggable to normal. Essentially I'd like
to do something like the fallThrough property of the Event class except
controls AFAICS have no event properties. Am I being clueless again ? :)