[OpenLayers-Users] Pink Tile Killing Me

Lee Keel lee_keel at trimble.com
Sat Jan 12 16:30:49 EST 2008

Hello list.  I am having a problem with pink tiles.

Configuration:
 I am using OL 2.5, that I download from the link at http://www.openlayers.org/api/OpenLayers.js, with ms4w beta from Sept 10.  Running against Postgres.

Problem:
I am getting a pink tile from my wms layers in ie, but the problem is that they show at different times.  Once the pink tile turns on for that layer, its always there.  So for example, one of the layers the pink tile comes on when zoomed to max extents, any other resolution for that layer returns data just fine.  But once you have zoomed to max extents and get the pink tile, if you zoom in, the pink tile is there but there is also data.

What I have Tried:
The layer has no max extents in the map file, nor a max extent when layer is added to OL.  I have set all the resolutions and I have removed all the resolutions.  I have changed all sorts of settings, but can't seem to find the problem.  I have a sample application, that doesn't use ol.  I have tested that the data does render through this sample app, so I know the data is coming from mapserver just fine.

I am open to any and all recommendations.  I was suppose to have this completed yesterday, but this is my last hurdle.  Granted it is one big hurdle.

Thanks in advance,
Lee