[OpenLayers-Users] add, remove base layers depending on zoom, change baselayer

Maria Panagou snowdrop at ath.forthnet.gr
Mon Jan 14 15:53:08 EST 2008

I figured out the proper syntax and tried it again using

 map.events.register("zoomend", map, function() {
			if (map.getZoom()>0) {
			   if (satellite.displayInLayerSwitcher== false) {
			    satellite.displayInLayerSwitcher= true;
				map.setBaseLayer(satellite);
				satellite.setVisibility(true);
				 //switcher.updateMap;
			else
			{
			satellite.displayInLayerSwitcher= false;
			map.setBaseLayer(nomoi);
			satellite.setVisibility(false);
          	}
		   });

this works when zooming in and for a little while zooming back to first zoom
but then nothing happens when I click the zoom out button in panzoombar and
the browser stops responding. tried that with firefox and IE. no errors in
firebug

thanks for you idea. I managed to set these options correctly upon creating
the layers e.g:

var satellite = new OpenLayers.Layer.Google( "Google Satellite" , {type:
G_SATELLITE_MAP, MIN_ZOOM_LEVEL: 7, maxExtent:extent,
displayInLayerSwitcher: false, visible: false} );

but how do i change these properties later?