[OpenLayers-Users] WFS-T delete/update

Arnaud Cogoluegnes acogoluegnes at sqli.com
Tue Jan 15 10:37:16 EST 2008

Hi all,

I've been trying the WFS-T support for inserting polygons and it works
greats (polygons added in the PostGIS database, using GeoServer 1.6). I
tried also modifying features with the ModifyFeature Controls (based on the
online example). Using the modifyOptions, I changed the state of the
feature:

feature.state = OpenLayers.State.UPDATE;

and then tried to commit the WFS layer. But I received an error from the
GeoServer (log traces something like "features is not available") and the
transaction failed. Before asking something on the GeoServer list, is there
anything I missed when trying to modify the feature with OpenLayers?

For deleting, I used the SelectFeature control, overrode the onSelect method
to mark the feature as deleted:

feature.state = OpenLayers.State.DELETE;

and when committing the WFS layer, OpenLayers displayed a message saying
that the fid was missing. Same as the update question, is there anything I
missed when trying to mark the feature?

Thanks!

Arnaud