[OpenLayers-Users] changing attributes of elements in vector layer and IE issues

O. Baum oli.b at freenet.de
Tue Jan 15 14:19:57 EST 2008

Hi,

I need to change the color of a vector feature in a vector layer from
JavaScript. I tried to set the  style.strokeColor property of the
vector feature, which unfortunately does not change the color
immediately, but after the next mouse hover event on that feature was
released (i.e. when I move my mouse off that object).
Is it the correct way to call the redraw() method of the vector layer
to achieve this?

Another issue that I have concerning vector graphics in OpenLayers is
that in 2.5 the vector feature works almost correctly (a lineString is
initially displayed as a filled polygon, but if you "touch" it with
the mouse it is displayed correctly -- any hints on this?), whereas in
the SVN version I checked out this morning no vectors in IE are
visible (I did include the SVG/VML renderer by building OpenLayers w/
"build.py full"). Any one any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,

   O. Baum