[OpenLayers-Users] Multiple projections in the same map

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 17:18:11 EST 2008

On Jan 15, 2008 7:49 PM, Eric Lemoine <eric.c2c at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 15, 2008 1:44 PM, Thomas Rokkjaer <thomas.rokkjaer at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Does a working example with layers with different projections in the same map
> > exist?
> > I am trying to create a simple demo page consisting of the basic WMS
> > OpenLayers layer and a local projection layer from a GeoServer without
> > success.
>
> You can override the map projection at the layer level. For that, just
> set the projection option at layer creation time. In this way, you can
> have layers with different projections.
>
> By the way, why would you want layers with different projections in
> the same map?

I did it with multiple available tiles layers, just to see if I could
mix vector overlays on 900913 (Google/OSM Spherical Mercator) and
27700 (Ordnance Survey) baselayers.

I've not got very far wrt vector reprojection (mostly due to school
exams at the moment), but my current code with reprojections is here:
http://ge.pythonmoo.co.uk/maps/openlayers1.htm

In that example, the switch to OSGB is a little messy due to the
limited set of map scales available.

Thomas Wood
(Edgemaster)