[OpenLayers-Users] displayOutsideMaxExtent issues

Peck, Brian brian.peck at lmco.com
Wed Jan 30 16:50:27 EST 2008

Hey all,

I'm trying to have some static images drawn on the map and then
refreshed at a certain time.

I achieved this using an OpenLayers.Layer.Image however it only shows up
when I'm zoomed inside its extents. I tried using
"displayOutsideMaxExtent" as well as "maxExtent" in the options when
creating the image but neither seems to allow the image to be shown
outside of the bounds supplied in the constructor.

Anyone have any other ways to allow a static image to be shown past the
extent given?

Also, the images, when I'm zoomed in far enough to have the images show
up, aren't showing up in the correct lat/lon given by the constructor,
does this have anything to do with the image resizing itself for when
I'm zoomed in past the extent?

- Brian Peck
- 858-795-1398
- Software Engineer