[OpenLayers-Users] I'm stupid?

David Martinez Morata damarmo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 09:30:03 EDT 2008

OK, I think I start to understad.

I modify my code like this (with spherical mercatro proyection in
googlelayer, were I think it's ok)
And change the code of EPSG code for my layer.
Now my code it's:

        <script type="text/javascript">

        // make map available for easy debugging
        var map;

        // avoid pink tiles
        OpenLayers.IMAGE_RELOAD_ATTEMPTS = 3;
        OpenLayers.Util.onImageLoadErrorColor = "transparent";

        function init(){
            var options = {numZoomLevels: 20,
               projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:900913"),
               displayProjection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326")};

              // Create a map Object
            map = new OpenLayers.Map('map', options);

            // Create Google Mercator layers
            var gmap = new OpenLayers.Layer.Google("Google Streets",{type:
G_NORMAL_MAP,"sphericalMercator": true});
            var gsat = new OpenLayers.Layer.Google("Google Satellite",{type:
G_SATELLITE_MAP,"sphericalMercator": true});
            var ghyb = new OpenLayers.Layer.Google("Google Hybrid",{type:
G_HYBRID_MAP,"sphericalMercator": true});
            var gphy = new OpenLayers.Layer.Google("Google Physical",{type:
G_PHYSICAL_MAP,"sphericalMercator":
true});
//                Create a WFS Sites Layer
               var sites = new OpenLayers.Layer.WFS( "Sites",
               "
http://10.192.160.133/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/Test/WFS_Test.map",
               {typename: "Sites",maxfeatures: 100 },{
               featureClass: OpenLayers.Feature.WFS
               });

           map.addLayer(new OpenLayers.Layer.GML("GML",
               "
http://10.192.160.133/OpenLayers/ngo9_wgs84_01meu_cables_lille32.gml",
            {format: OpenLayers.Format.GML,
            formatOptions: {
                extractStyles: true,
              extractAttributes: true},
              projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326")}
                         )
                 );

            map.addLayers([gmap,gsat,ghyb,gphy,sites]);
            map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.LayerSwitcher());
            map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.ScaleLine);
            map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.MousePosition());
           if (!map.getCenter()) {map.zoomToMaxExtent()}
        }

    function changezoom(x,y,z)
    {
    map.setCenter(new OpenLayers.LonLat(x, y), z);
    }
    function showAddress(address) {
       var geocoder = new GClientGeocoder();
     if (geocoder) {
       geocoder.getLatLng(
         address,
         function(point) {
           if (!point) {alert(address + " not found");}
           else {map.setCenter(new
OpenLayers.LonLat(point.x,point.y),15);}});}}

And I have new problems :S!
1 the scale or units in my gml and wfs layers are wrong. (normaly my points
an lines must be in france, and i show it in the midle of atlantic ocean, in
a very small zoom (google don't have images for this area :S)
I try to define units: "m" and units:"dd". But that don't works.

The answer for gml layer gives the correct lat lon wgs84 coordinates for
lines, but I dont show it :S

Thanks for your patient and your help!