[OpenLayers-Users] Catching the 'no imagery at this zoom level' before it displays?

czieler carole.zieler at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 10:29:58 EDT 2008

I've been looking around through the forums and other places, and I am not
sure this is even possible, but I thought I'd see if anyone has found a way
to do this.

I was hoping to find a way to catch the Google 'No imagery is available at
this zoom level' message, and then tell my open layers map to zoom back out
until it reaches a zoom level where there is imagery.  I know there isn't a
way to tell what the highest zoom level for a coordinate is, and that Google
returns images with the error, but I wasn't sure if an error might be thrown
somewhere as well, which I could check for?