[OpenLayers-Users] Weird IE offset problem with vector layer...

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Jul 2 00:10:00 EDT 2008

Hi folks: I'm converting an older application that uses table layouts to OL (v. 2.6) and have everything working nicely except for an issue with a vector layer. I've setup a simple measure function using the draw feature control. In IE however the feature is offset in the x direction from the actual mouse position by 100+ pixels, there is no y offset. The mouse move event handler seems to be reporting the correct mouse position it's just that the vector feature itself is displaced.

I don't have permission to share the app with the world as yet. I did try to create a test case but haven't been able to recreate the problem with a simple example. A link to the test case is:

  http://qpublic5.qpublic.net/fl_nassau/ol/test.html

It shows the general application layout. The map itself stretches or shrinks to fill the space between fixed interface elements. Again, the test works in IE. It starts with the area control active. Imagine the vector feature a hundred pixels to the right of the mouse and you've got a good picture of how this is broken in the main app. Works fine in Firefox and Safari. I've tried IE6 and 7 on XP.

Any ideas on what could cause such a shift?

Steve