[OpenLayers-Users] Show polygon vectors as points

François Van Der Biest f.vanderbiest at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 03:56:35 EDT 2008

2008/7/2, Tim Schaub <tschaub at opengeo.org>:

> Hey-
>

> Zer wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Is there anyone that knows if it is possible to "convert" or just show
> > vector polygons (from GML) as points instead of vectors? I would like to
> > present the center coordinate aswell as the polygon.
>

> We've done some work to allow rendering non-point geometries with a
> single marker.  To do this, you specify an externalGraphic property on
> the symbolizer used to render your feature.  This does not allow
> rendering *both* the polygon and the graphic.

Hi Tim,
I'd be very happy to have this code handy, as I might use it for some
project. Is it somewhere in a sandbox or so ?
My main interest would be to automatically switch to a (vector) point
representation of features when the scale is reduced enough that displaying
polygons makes no sense.
I might also need to have a specific styling for them ... but this is
another story ;-)
Thank's,
F.