[OpenLayers-Users] Transitional / Intermediate Zoom Levels

bartvde at osgis.nl bartvde at osgis.nl
Tue Jul 8 02:31:22 EDT 2008

Hi Lance,

it's called fractionalZoom and is a property on the map object. Available
since 2.6.

    /**
     * Property: fractionalZoom
     * {Boolean} For a base layer that supports it, allow the map
resolution
     *     to be set to a value between one of the values in the
resolutions
     *     array.  Default is false.
     *
     * When fractionalZoom is set to true, it is possible to zoom to
     *     an arbitrary extent.  This requires a base layer from a source
     *     that supports requests for arbitrary extents (i.e. not cached
     *     tiles on a regular lattice).  This means that fractionalZoom
     *     will not work with commercial layers (Google, Yahoo, VE), layers
     *     using TileCache, or any other pre-cached data sources.
     *
     * If you are using fractionalZoom, then you should also use
     *     <getResolutionForZoom> instead of layer.resolutions[zoom] as the
     *     former works for non-integer zoom levels.
     */
    fractionalZoom: false,

Best regards,
Bart