[OpenLayers-Users] read Format.GeoRSS from http request

Fabio D'Ovidio fabiodovidio at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 06:50:32 EDT 2008

Hi!
I know I can read Georss from url like in the examples using Layer.GeoRSS.
Now I am using OpenLayers.Format.GeoRSS because I need to insert GML in
the RSS envelop returned from GeoServer as WFS 1.0.0 request
Now, thi is my code:

vectors = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Vector Layer");
map.addLayers([vectors]);
var options = {

                              'xy': true

                              };

                 var parser = new OpenLayers.Format.GeoRSS(options);

                 var urlObj = "http://myurl/georssComposer.jsp?"

                 var features = parser.read(urlObj );

                 vectors.addFeatures(features);

But I am not able to read my georss.
Is there a way to do that as for Layer.GeoRSS? (it works for my url as
above: http://myurl/georssComposer.jsp?) :

function addUrl() {
            var urlObj = OpenLayers.Util.getElement('url');
            var value = urlObj.value;
            var parts = value.split("/");

                var newl = new OpenLayers.Layer.GeoRSS(
parts[parts.length-1], value);