[OpenLayers-Users] KML layer and zoom in hassle

Frank Broniewski brfr at metrico.lu
Fri Jul 11 10:59:31 EDT 2008

Dear list,

I am having some kind of weird issue with my KML layer in Openlayers. My
application consists of two layers, an OpenStreetmap Layer and a "handmade"
kml file with a Linestring. The KML Layer displays fine, but whenever I zoom
in one level, the KML layer disappears from the map. Zooming out works
though.

I checked with firebug and the layer itself is there with all the coordinate
pairs, but the CSS style is set to "display:none;". When I set the display
property to "display:block", the KML layer is displayed again, but it does
not get "strechted" to the right proportions according to the new zoom level.
So there is no zoom operation performed on the KML layer.
I use the latest Openlayers.js and additionally the latest OpenStreetMap.js.

You may test this behaviour here:
http://clydeswelt.frabron.de/archives/8-KML-Layer-Test.html

the KML file may be downloaded here: http://clydeswelt.frabron.de/kml/test.kml

and my javascript here: http://clydeswelt.frabron.de/kml/js.txt

I searched already the email archives, but did not find any related posts to
this issue, so any hints to fix this are greatly appreceated.

I wish a nice weekend and many thanks for any tipps

Frank
--
Frank Broniewski

Metrico s.àr.l. ( http://www.metrico.lu )