[OpenLayers-Users] read Format.GeoRSS from http request

Fabio D'Ovidio fabiodovidio at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 04:45:51 EDT 2008

2008/7/12 Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt at metacarta.com>:

> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 04:37:40PM +0200, Fabio D'Ovidio wrote:
> > I have a vector Layer on the map. I fill it with a feature read using
> > Format.GeoRSS parser
>
> Why? That's more difficult than what I mentioned, which does all that
> for you and saves you the effort of mucking with HTTP requests.

Because I need to include GML into GeoRSS Envelope and so I must use
Format.GeoRSS, not Layer.GeoRSS.

> If you really really want to do that, what you're looking to learn about
> is XMLHttpRequest, possibly via OpenLayers.loadURL, but your problem
> isn't about GeoRSS, it's about loading remote data. (We try to wrap
> these things up so that you don't have to worry about it.)

Ok, but If I try as u suggested me (like in the previous mails) i have an
error about geometry type..

The error is on /Format/GeoRSS.js:
geometry has no properties
if (geometry.CLASS_NAME == "OpenLayers.Geometry.Polygon") {.......

..so I think I must change my map layer and use a GML. I'll try tomorrow at
office.
Thanks again

Fabio