[OpenLayers-Users] Place popups over controls

Daniel Kastl orkney at gmx.de
Mon Jul 14 20:25:26 EDT 2008

Hi List,

I'm looking for a way to solve the following problem:
When adding a feature to the map I want to open an OpenLayers popup to
add some attributes. This popup should cover most of the map div and add
some transparent layer over the map.

This works fine so far except that I cannot get the popup be on a higher
z-index than the control buttons, pan-zoom bar, etc.. It's still
possible to pan and zoom with the PanZoomBar, but I would like to
disable this while showing the popup

Is there a way to place the popup layer (temporary) on top of the
control layer? (I tried to change Z_INDEX_BASE but didn't have any effect)
Or is there an elegant way to temporary disable control events while
showing the popup?
(I'm using OL 2.6)

Thanks for your help,

Daniel