[OpenLayers-Users] AWS S3 Support for OpenLayers???

Paul Spencer pagameba at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 08:27:16 EDT 2008

Steve,

I think you would need a specific layer type that supports S3.  If you
are using kaMap to generate the tiles (and the path to the tiles) then
you would probably want to start with the kaMap layer and modify or
subclass it to make the appropriate request directly from S3.
Conceptually, this is fairly trivial to do, you would just overload
the getURL function with something that generates a url to S3.

TileCache supports S3 as a cache, but I'm not sure if the TileCache
layer in OpenLayers can directly read them.

Cheers

Paul