[OpenLayers-Users] Fwd: Re: GetFeature info from a MapServer WMS

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Mon Jul 21 16:38:52 EDT 2008

 David,

Just for the record, I had some success with my GetFeatureInfo popup.

First, using window.open(url) instead of OpenLayers.loadURL(url, '', this, setHTML);  (see http://www.nabble.com/GetFeatureInfo-problems-td14985142.html).  This opens a new tab in FF3 (haven´t tested on IE) so it´s no good.

Then, using the popitip(url) function at http://www.quirksmode.org/js/croswin.html.  This opens a modal window with the GetFeatureInfo in.  It´s not as nice as the default popup attached to points loaded with OpenLayers.Layer.Text but it displays the info.

For some reason, I can´t get the GetFeatureInfo printed in a div.

Yves