[OpenLayers-Users] WFSDescribeFeatureType Format

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Thu Jul 31 13:20:45 EDT 2008

Hi everybody,

    I need to use the WFSDescribeFeatureType format.  Following ticket
#1202, I downloaded ticket1202.patch and added 2 new files to my
OpenLayers 2.6 and modified OpenLayers.js to add them.

    I assume that the following is correct but I must be missing
something because I get an error message.

    oDescFeatType = OpenLayers.Format.WFSDescribeFeatureType();

error msg : "this.initialize has no properties" in Class.js line 32 :
this.initialize.apply(this, arguments);

    I also tried : oDescFeatType =
OpenLayers.Format.WFSDescribeFeatureType_1_0_0();, same error.

    With firebug, when I "Watch" OpenLayers, in Format, both
WFSDes...Type and _1_0_0 are there, but they are different from the
others, their Prototype is "Object" instead of "Object
CLASS_NAME=OpenLayers.Format.WFSDescribeFeatureType".  ( for example,
GML as Prototype "Object CLASS_NAME=OpenLayers.GML".

    What I am doing wrong ?

--
Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears