[OpenLayers-Users] SelectFeature.activate() - interferes with registered events

Eric Lemoine eric.c2c at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 10:07:55 EDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Eric Lemoine <eric.c2c at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>  On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 11:48 PM, plen <peteralen at earthlink.net> wrote:
>  > [...]
>
> >  1) When I activate the control, I do not get notified when I click on a
>  >  marker.
>
>  This isn't expected. What OL version are you using? I'll try to
>  reproduce the problem when I get a chance.

And for the record: what you can also do is use one single vector
layer for both polygons and markers. See
<http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/vector-features.html> to figure
out how to display markers on a vector layer using externalGraphics.
In this way, you use the select feature control for both polygon and
marker selection.

--
Eric