[OpenLayers-Users] Make the base layer empty or blank

Matt Williamson matthewdw at gmail.com
Tue May 6 20:26:01 EDT 2008

Justin,

I've done something sort of like this before--I just made a small
transparent GIF image and set it as a Layer.Image as the base layer
(stretched to some arbitrary size and bounding box). You might even be
able to set it to not be visible in the Layer Switcher, but I forget
the property or method to set to try that (and it might not work). The
only thing you'll have to do is configure that "blank" image layer
with the appropriate scales or resolutions that you want your other
layers to conform to (or I think you can set these on the map
directly, but I haven't tried that yet).

Probably a better way, but that has at least worked for me.

-Matt