[OpenLayers-Users] No imagery message tile like Google Maps

zenzero-2001 John.Westwood at port.ac.uk
Wed May 7 12:30:03 EDT 2008

Hi,

I couldn't get it to work. But I know why. It is because the MapServer WMS
is not returning an error, it always returns a valid map, even it is just
blank.

So I need to make certain scales invalid so that when a WMS request is made
for a scale that is not supported it returns an error instead of blankness.
I've had a look at the WMS information on the MapServer website and I can't
see how to do this. There is "wms_extent" for defining the bounding box, but
nothing for scales.

Thanks.