[OpenLayers-Users] Problem displaying multiple wms layers in OpenLayers

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Mon May 12 22:30:00 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a problem that I suspect many of you has already dealt with.  I
can't seem to combine several of my MapServer wms layers into a single OL
map layer.  No matter how I structure the wms layer name array (in
single-quotes, or double-quotes), I never can turn two wms layers on at
once.  I'd like to take this wms request and make it into an open layers
layer:

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=../htdocs/520.map
&SERVICE=WMS
&VERSION=%221.1.1%22
&REQUEST=GetMap
&LAYERS=wetlands,floodplain
&STYLES=
&BBOX=775843.302946,602429.871045,848438.746010,635418.446144&WIDTH=600&HEIGHT=500&FORMAT=png&SRS=epsg:2286

I currently have a single OL layer for "wetlands" that works fine.  When I
add "floodplain" to it, I either get a completely blank screen with no OL
controls (which tells me that the .js syntax is messed up), or I get the
OpenLayers canvas, but the layer in questions doesn't display any data.  Can
someone send what the correct syntax should be for getting both layers
called correctly from within OL?  Or tell me if there is a special trick
related to Mapserver WMS and multiple layer calls?

Thanks,

Roger