[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers WFS compliance

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Mon May 19 16:49:24 EDT 2008

There is an ongoing effort to improve how vector layers behave.  The WFS
layer is a prime candidate for better behavior.

When this effort is done, we will (if the current design holds) have a
WFS protocol, a BBOX strategy, and a smarter Vector layer.

The BBOX strategy and the WFS protocol will largely do with the current
WFS layer (and tile and format and feature maybe) stuff does now.  This
protocol will also know how to deal with filters, for which we currently
have limited support in the library.

If you care to follow or participate, see the vector-behavior sandbox.
http://trac.openlayers.org/log/sandbox/vector-behavior/lib/OpenLayers

Tim

Some detail on the idea:
http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Proposal/VectorBehavior

Also, for what it's worth, I've rewritten the GML parser again.  We're
bringing over the WFS CITE tests (those that are appropriate).  In the
end, we'll have WFS compliance (for the limited set of things we support).