[OpenLayers-Users] Attributes of WFS features

Richard Marsden richard at winwaed.com
Tue May 20 22:01:22 EDT 2008

Robert Sanson wrote:
> Here is the OL snippet that adds the layer:
>
> var wfs = new OpenLayers.Layer.WFS("API WFS",
>           "http://10.65.192.1/cgi-bin/apiwfs.exe?",
>           {typename: 'apiaries_dev', maxfeatures: 100},
>           {scales: [150000, 10], featureClass: OpenLayers.Feature.WFS});
>                 map.addLayers([wms1,wfs]);
>                 map.setBaseLayer(wms1);

Doesn't answer any of your questions, but thanks for asking the query!
The above bit of code fixed a problem I was having with scale ranges!  I
was trying to use minZoom / maxZoom but the online documentation wasn't
exactly very helpful, and I couldn't find any useful examples. Your
above "scales: [  ]" did what I required.

I'm reading tiles from a WMS server. I have scale limits on the server
(MapServer), but it seemed a bit inefficient if the same
limits weren't present on OpenLayers. For example at some common zoom
levels, OpenLayers would pointlessly request a series of empty tiles.

Simple stuff, but I thought I'd let you know that your post helped a
beginner!

Richard

--
Richard Marsden