[OpenLayers-Users] Bring base layer to the front

springrider springrider at hotmail.com
Wed May 21 10:50:55 EDT 2008

Thanks

This is a view of my map:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p17364291/Untitled-7%2Bcopy.jpg

My map is based on a blue polygon layer which should be covered by the
continent layer. In term of JS code, the only way to do so i found was to
set the blue polygon layer as baselayer (isBaseLayer: true) and the
continent as transparent (transparent:"true"). If there is an other method
to specify the order to display the different layers from bottom to top, i
would be very interested to know it.

In the current situation, in the overviewmap, my base layer which needs to
be overlayed by the continent layer in not really relevant to understand
where the user stands.In that case, is there any way to specify which should
be the layer to be used for the overviewmap?
Moreover in the LayerSwitcher, i would prefer to disable/enable the blue
polygon layers than the Continent layer which should remain for me the "base
layer" even if it is displayed above other layers. Can we specified the
layers and their roles (Base layer or not) of the layers to be listed in
this layerswitcher?

To summarize, i would like my continent layer to be the base layer with the
capability for it to overlay other layers. Is it possible?

Hope it is clear enough

Thanks for your help

Sylvain