[OpenLayers-Users] redraw or refresh a text layer?

Carl Morgan carl.r.morgan at noaa.gov
Thu May 22 15:00:45 EDT 2008

I am using OpenLayers.Layer.Text to draw a text layer. The underlying
file is appended to indefinitely at random intervals, however the cached
version always loads instead of the latest version. I've waded through
various posts about this topic, but I haven't been able to determine if
there is a solution for this...and if there is...how to implement it. I
can tell you I've tried various techniques that I've dug up in those
posts but haven't gotten any of them to work. I would be extremely
grateful if someone can show me a technique that will work, and sorry to
be so ignorant, but as much detail as possible would be a big help!

Thanks!

-Carl