[OpenLayers-Users] application/openlayers from GeoServer VS OpenLayers JS code

springrider springrider at hotmail.com
Fri May 23 10:10:07 EDT 2008

Hello

I come back with live examples. It will easier for you to understand my
problem.

This is the OL map generated by Geoserver:
http://193.43.36.238:8484/geoserver/wms?bbox=-198.0,-96.68453554694977,198.0,98.88973978794988&styles=&Format=application/openlayers&request=GetMap&version=1.1.1&layers=fifao:FAO_DIVISION,fifao:CONTINENTS_LN1&width=800&height=370&srs=EPSG:4326

And this is the one created in a Web page based on the OpenLayers library
2.6:
http://193.43.36.238:8484/figis_GIS/Development/openlayers.html

The second map is always longer to load probably because of the number of
layers and a bigger OpenLayers. js script.(2s vs 2.8s)

When i zoom in, the blue polygons always take longer in my web page than in
the Geoserver view to be redisplayed.
I made some improvements in my code by having for example one unique WMS
layer for displaying transparent layers:

var wms = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("All
Areas","http://193.43.36.238:8484/geoserver/wms?service=wms",
								{layers:'fifao:FAO_DIVISION,fifao:CONTINENTS_LN1',
								transparent:"true"},{wrapDateLine: true}
								);
but any feedback about your experience to improve display would be welcome.
I tried to play with the format (png/gif/jpeg) but i don't know what would
be the best option.

More important is the fact that the view displayed in the Web page based on
OL 2.6 is not correct, some lines composing my polygons are missing (see
between Africa and South america) while in the OL view provided by
Geoserver, the line is correctly displayed.
See the screen shot below:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p17426479/Untitled-2%2Bcopy.jpg

I have no idea why the behaviour is so different, is it a bug?

Thanks for you help

Sylvain